Sooner Medical Waste Management operates a clean, safe, and efficient treatment facility.
- Alternative Treatment Technology. The waste is exposed to 215-240 degrees F direct steam for at least one hour.
- Minimal Chemical Impact. Each time the unit dumps a waste cart, a very small amount of bleach and water is sprayed into the cart dumper. The use of bleach in the system is approved by the USEPA, FIFRA branch for compliance with the USEPA standards, and does not have a negative impact on the environment.
- Integrated Shredding Process. Applies live steam impingement to the homogeneous waste stream. Efficacy does not rely on conduction through bulk liquids or insulated layers of bags or boxes.
- Waste volume is reduced up to 90%. Producing a light weight, solid municipal waste, minimal landfill impact.
- No Soil, Water, or Air Pollution. Continuous feed non-incineration process has no environmental impact on air, water or soil.